On March 14, 1996, the “”Handwierkerschoul””, until September 2015 “”Lycée Technique des Arts et Métiers”” and currently “”Lycée des Arts et Métiers”” became 100 years old.
It is thus the oldest public technical school in the country. During these one hundred years of existence, it has always been at the forefront of progress and has been able to produce high-value craftsmen, who have proven themselves around the world.
Introduction of the training of the mechatronic guy of CATP type.
Training in the construction and housing trades and the training of the civil engineering technician have been transferred to Josy Barthel Technical High School (Mamer) and are no longer offered at the LTAM from the start of the 2003/2004 school year.
In September 2001, a new training will complete the range of BTS training already offered in the areas of animation design, marketing, management and secretarial work: the media operator , now available at the Lycée Technique des Arts and trades.
During the works, a number of classes are transferred to “containers” located in the IST compound in Kirchberg.
15.09.1993 – The works for a new wing parallel to the building of the rue des Cerisiers are started. Expected end of construction: September 1996. Expected cost: LUF 500 million (= € 12.5 million).
Three professors-engineers (P. Faber, H. Kox, Guy WEILER ) and fifty students build in 5000 hours of work the car ” Râ-le-Sol “, which will obtain in 1992 and 1993, each time a 4th place at the world championships of solar cars.
Beginning of the courses in the new training of the computer technician.
Beginning of the redevelopment of the old chapel in the conference room of the teachers.
Norbert JACOBS succeeds Camille Lebeau to the management of LTAM.
As part of the reform of technical and vocational education, the EAM takes its new name of Technical High School of Arts and Crafts (LTAM).
1968 – 1971
The Chamber of Deputies votes the bill concerning the extension of the EAM. Blocks A, B and C (workshops / fine arts) are to replace the workshops dating from 1911.
27.10.1963 – By grand-ducal regulation, the section of fine arts and decorative arts is created in the division of trades.
Camille Lebeau takes charge of the School of Arts and Crafts.
0 3.08.1958 – The Chamber of Deputies passes the law on the creation of the Institute of Technical Education IET which consists of two schools: a) the School of Arts and Trades EAM b) the Technical School ET.
10.11.1958 – Joseph Bisdorff is appointed Director of the EIT.
Joseph Bisdorff is appointed a director of the EAE (until 1963).
11.07.1949 – Joseph Bisdorff provisionally replaces Charles Roger, an appointed delegate at the Ministry of Labor.
1948 – 1953
A new wing (rue des Cerisiers) is high (architect Paul Dornsreiffer). It will be occupied by the Directorate of Luxembourg Railways ( CFL ) until 1958.
Feilinger becomes “Leiter of Handwerkerschule”.
The Higher Technical Courses move to Esch and take the name “Staatliche Ingenieurschule Esch-Alzig” (until 1944).
06.03.1939 – Bill providing for an expansion of EAE with internship (never realized).
Inauguration of the EAE school hostel in Grevenmacher, entirely designed and realized by the teachers and students of the EAE.
01.03.1935 – Charles Roger becomes director of EAE.
Charles Roger becomes director of the EAE after the death of the director Antoine Hirsch.
Participation in the International Exhibition of Decorative Arts and Modern Industials in Paris, where the EAE obtains the Diploma of Honor.
15.10.1918 – Joinery, carpentry and joinery sections become separate sections.
20.09.1916 – The Higher Technical Courses (CTS) are created by ministerial decision of the Director General of Agriculture, Industry and Labor, Dr. Welter.
15.09.1912 – Courses start in the new premises.
15.09.1911 – The electrical engineering division is created as part of the mechanical section.
1910-1911 – The workshops of the EAE are built according to the plans of the state architect Sosthène Weis.